Students - What You Need to Know
Please read the information below carefully to get all your questions answered about the 2018 boutiques.
As a boutique shopper, we will do our best to find you the perfect prom ensemble! We have dresses from size 0-26 available; however, a more limited selection in plus-size dresses. Again, we’ll do our best to find you the perfect dress and accessories for your prom! You will also have the opportunity to find shoes, jewelry, make-up, and accessories based on the availability of donations to match your perfect dress!
What to expect at the Boutique:
- You do NOT need to sign up ahead of time–just come to the boutique and get in line!
- Just bring yourself and a huge smile–we are excited to see you, and so are our volunteers!
- You will be “paired” with a personal shopper volunteer that will help you find a prom dress.
- All items are donated from all over the city, and we hope that you are able to find a dress, shoes, jewelry, make-up and an accessory for prom night!
Please Read Closely Prior To Arrival at the Boutique:
- Boutiques open at 9 am. Numbers will be handed out prior to the boutique opening for girls in line.
- Be prepared to wait, especially if you are towards the back of the line. Bring something to drink and eat.
- DRESS APPROPRIATELY FOR THE WEATHER CONDITIONS as you will most likely be waiting outdoors for a period of time.
- Students DO NOT sign up before the boutiques. All dresses given out are on a first come first served basis
- Students must be a junior or senior student, currently enrolled in high school .
- Each student MUST present a valid school ID card or other proof of current enrollment and provide her name and contact information.
- Students will be allowed to receive ONE DRESS plus one pair of shoes, one purse, up to three pieces of jewelry and up to four pieces of make-up.
- Each student is permitted to bring one female person with them into the boutique (i.e. parent, guardian, etc.).
- Babies, toddlers and children are not permitted in the boutique. Please be sure to have someone who will watch them while you are in the boutique.
- Other family members and friends may wait outside for the student to finish shopping.
- Adults are not allowed to shop unless the student is in attendance with them.
- We will provide accommodations for students with disabilities. Please be sure to inform volunteers at check-in.
- Mothers, guardians or immediate family members are not allowed to volunteer on the same day their student is coming to get a dress.