Volunteers - What You Need to Know
Our 2018 Boutiques are Saturday, April 14 and Saturday, April 21.
Thank you for your interest in The Glass Slipper Project! There are many jobs for volunteers before, during and after our boutiques. Volunteers at boutiques must be female, at least 18 years of age, and out of high school. However, at set-up and breakdown of the boutique, both men and women can volunteer, and students under the age of 18 can volunteer ONLY if they are accompanied by an adult.
Generally, volunteers will sign-up for “shifts,” including morning, afternoon or all-day–availability typically runs from 8 am to 5 pm with some flexibility. As a volunteer, you can sign up for various jobs at the boutiques including:
- Boutique Set-Up (May 31 & April 7): morning and afternoon shifts.
- Personal shopper (Help student pick out dress - April 14 & April 21): morning and afternoon shifts.
- Seamstress – (minor alterations and repairs, including hand sewing, like hooks and eyes - April 14 & April 21): morning and afternoon shifts
- Check-in/Check-out (April 14 & 21): morning and afternoon shifts.
- Other Activity Assignments (April 14 & 21): morning and afternoon shifts.
- Boutique Break-Down (April 28): morning and afternoon shifts.
*Volunteers - Due to insurance and liability reasons, we are NOT able to allow children at set-up, boutiques or breakdown. Please make other arrangements for childcare while you volunteer with Glass Slipper.
To sign up and get details about becoming a volunteer at the boutiques, set-up and/or breakdown, click here. After signing up, you will receive an “auto” email from GSP to notify you we’ve received your registration. Further, our Board will send you an additional email approximately 3-5 days prior to the boutique with all information for your volunteer experience (times, parking, location, etc). For volunteer-related questions, please email us at: email@example.com